Today is Saturday and I had a lazy day today...which was soooo nice because I came down with a cold late last night. It was really quite awful and as a result, I hardly slept; even after taking medicine, I kept sneezing and spent much of the night wiping my running nose. The worst seems to be over now, because I woke up at 8 AM, had breakfast and then went right back to bed. I haven't done that in a long time and it felt great to just sleep the morning away!
Marie made a quiche tonight and it was soooo good. I mean like, holy-crap-this-is-outta-this-world good. I also got a bit of translation done today (though not nearly enough) and my mom called me as well. It was nice hearing from her, and now i want to talk to my dad, as well as Tariq and Florence. It is weird to know that I have not spoken to those two in awhile...but weirdly enough, homesickness has not hit me yet, and I have been here for more than a week now, so that surprises me. I think the fact that this is my third time in France helps; I am used to being away from home and honestly, things have been going really well. Hopefully, it continues this way.
So next week the other assistants are arriving and I cannot wait to meet everyone! It is always so nice to be among other foreigners when you are one of them. It's hard to explain but you don't feel like a foreigner when you are amongst them, if that makes any sense. All of us Burgundy assistants are meeting in Dijon next weekend for a get together on Saturday; then on Sunday is the official orientation.
I am excited about the weeks to come! I am trying to figure out what I will do for the Toussaint break, but I have no idea yet. I would like to go somewhere fun, maybe I will try to go to the south of France; that's apparently what lots of people around here do...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Erica,
I'm so glad everything is going well, except for your cold. You have so many exciting times ahead of you during the next eight months! Don't forget to send pics.
Be safe and take care of yourself.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment