Well, today I went to Chalon to see the city and the lycee. It is a very nice city; I really like it. I opened my bank account, and also saw the lycee. There, I met with the secretary to fill out paperwork, and also asked again about living accomodations. I found out that they are offering me a one bedroom apartment with a shower and living area for 80 Euro a month, and then 20 Euro for water, gas and heating. I was wondering why it is so cheap, so I asked, and they told me that the apt is old, but also that it is owned by the French Minister of Education, who rents it to teachers, staff, and assistants at the lycee. So, since my employer is technically the French govt, I can get in on this deal. Pretty sweet, I think. Tomorrow, I am going back to Chalon to get my residency card and to meet the other English teachers.
Thank you to everyone who comments on my blog, and a big shoutout to all of you! :) keep reading and commenting!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like a sweet deal! that's so good you've already filled out the paperwork at your school, I still don't know where I've been posted!
GREAT NEWS ABOUT TNE FLAT! I hope you are able to get these very reasonable accomadations. Is is close to the lycee? How are the neighborhoods around the school,is it a city area,busy or a residential area? Hope you are feeling well and enjoying your new chapter in your life. Please be careful and always be aware of your surroundings,its a DAD thing so do not get angry when it comes to our concern for your wel-being.Talk to you soon and ENJOY YOURSELF!
Wow sounds like things are really progressing for you and what an amazing deal on the apartment.
Post a Comment