Tuesday, September 18, 2007

i am in France!

well guys, i am here in France...and bored! i really wanted to go out and do something today; hopefully when Thierry gets home, we will go somewhere... I really need to go buy some socks; I realized that I am fresh out right after my shower this morning...I think I will ask him to take me. Thing is, we are in the countryside, so I am not sure where the nearest stores are...hopefully, it's not far. If it is too far, I will just go buy some while in Chalon tomorrow.

Apparently, there is still the possiblity of being housed at the lycee. There are rooms available in their internat, but the thing is that they can only make contracts for people staying a full year; i am only staying 8 months. However, I was told that they might make an exception for me...so, keep your fingers crossed!

I dont feel too good today - jetlag catching up, perhaps? i have a bad headache, and my right knee is all stiff. I guess its from all the walking I did in Belgium.

Is anyone reading this? I get the feeling that no one is because no one comments :(

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica,

We're reading your blogs!

We're glad everything is working out well for you. We'll keep our fingers cross for housing at the lycee.

Good luck at school.

Love, Mom

Potted Farm said...

I'm reading as well. I'm just jealous that you're there already and I don't leave until Saturday so I don't comment due to rising levels of jealousy as I read.
Though I would really like to take a weekend trip to Brugges at some point. Any interest in going back in being a tour guide?

Unknown said...

i am reading your blogs,are you reading my comments? everything sounds nice and like its going according to your plans. you should not be bored already,remember this is a new and exciting chapter in your life. i just finished the book"a year in the merde" and found it enjoyable,.also remember you are in a new part of france and youwill have many fun times to come. anyhow, good luck finding your flat and as time goes on you will settle into your new rountine just fine. BE SAFE LOVE DAD

Anonymous said...

Hola Erica!!!
He leido tus comentarios y tu email, he estado trabajando y no he revisado mis emails desde hace algo de tiempo, pero hoy no trabajo porque estoy mala.
Estrasburgo es muy bonito, espero que puedas ir, hay una catedral preciosa.
Pensaba que ibas a alquilar un apartamento o algo asi, pero parece que estas viviendo en casa de un profesor del instituto. Espero que consigas la habitacion ya que tendras mas independencia.
Bueno, me alegro que todo te vaya bien. BESOS. Yolanda

Anonymous said...

hey! i'm reading! I can sympathise with the boredom too, I've had way too many isolated days in a country town away from the city!