Friday, September 14, 2007

I love Gent!!

Today, I spent the day in Gent, which is about 30 mins from Bruges on the train. What a great city!! Here's a "compte rendu" of my day:

-Woke up at 6:30 AM, forced myself to go back to bed till 9 AM
-Woke up again at 9, went downstairs for breakfast
-Was finished with breakfast by 10 and around 10:30 got on the train for Gent
-Arrived in Gent, and walked around/shopped for a couple of hours. I only spent 10 Euros while shopping!! Aren't you proud of me?
-Had a lovely quiche lorraine with lemonade for lunch
-Took a 2.5 hour tour of Gent's city hall and churches
-Came back to Bruges and had a nice (expensive) dinner. It was nice to have a really good dinner! I usually try to do that once while on vacation, so I decided that tonight was the night, since I hadn't spent lots of money today. It was really worth it. For the "starter" as they call it here (not "appetizer" like we do back home), I had a cheese croquette. Then the main dish was chicken and little potatoes with some awesome sauce.

I have lots of photos of Gent, but they aren't on the photo yet. Instead here are some photos of Bruges. Enjoy!!


A beautiful garden in between my hostel & the tourist office.



I believe this is city hall...it's in the Markt (the main town square).



Pretty!!



A photo of the canal



Buildings beside the canal

No comments: