Thursday, February 28, 2008

Eastern Europe planning!!

As many of you know, I am going to the Czech Republic and Austria for April break. I read on the internet that it's possible to get night trains for as low as 29 euros, but in order to take advantage of the deal, you have to call them.

So, I called them today. I have never said "Guten Tag, sprechen Sie Inglish" so many times in my life! It was well worth it, however, because I got a ticket from Salzburg to Strasbourg for 44 euro!! yep, you read it correctly: 44 euro. Deal of the century!! If I hadn't been able to get this, I would have had to fly from Vienna to Paris Orly for at least 50 euro, and then pay for a night in a Parisian hostel (which can run into mucho money), so I have saved at least 30 euro or so.

I am excited because this is my first night train. Depending on how it works out, I may take a night train whilst in Germany as well.

I cannot wait for April break!

No comments: