So, I realized a few days ago that I am more than halfway through the assistantship and that I need to start making more of my time here. I have hardly seen any of Burgundy or any of the west of France, and I really want to before I leave.
I leave in 8 days to go visit Cristina in Barcelona. Très exciting.
I bought a ticket yesterday to go to Prague in April. It cost me 99 euro, but actually that's not bad considering how far Prague is from here. I think that from Prague I will go to Vienna and then back to France. Then, after my assistantship is over, I will go around Germany for about a week, and then go home.
I still don't have a ticket home either, and I need to get one soon. But with what money, is the question. Part of me doesn't want to face the fact that I am going to go home and back to "real life", and part of me is also hoping that I will find some way to stay here over the summer to make more money. I need to look more into it...
I was supposed to go visit Rebecca in Riom (in Auvergne) this weekend, but she has the flu, so I am staying here in Chalon. Anyway, with all of April's traveling, I need to be cheap and save up. Plus, I want to wire some money home to start saving for when I get back, so I can't really afford to go anywhere in any case. It's better to wait...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's really easy to get stuck in the daily routine of your assistantship. When I was one back in 04-05 it was about this time of year that I realized how quickly time was flying and, I really needed to see more of France! You should feel really lucky to find that 99e ticket to Prague! I never could find a reasonable fare to that part of Europe... Take care, and have a great rest of your sejour!
Post a Comment