Monday, April 14, 2008

WOW!

About an hour ago, my phone rang. It was my dad. I thought he was just calling to say hi, since I hadn't spoken to him in about a week, but instead he told me the news that I have been waiting to hear for over 2 months: I have been chosen to be a TA at University of Iowa!! I talked to him some more about details then since I have to pay for incoming calls while outside of France, we began chatting on the computer instead. Then my mom called and told me that I have full appointment with a generous funding package, cheap insurance, and reduced tuition (IE, I do not have to pay out of state fees anymore).

I am so shocked and so excited. I am also surprised that I am going to be a TA at a top ten school. I have always been just above average in school, and now I am going to a top ten school. Such a shock!

Thanks to all of you who have supported me while I was waiting over the past few months, especially everyone in Chalon, who had to hear about it for about 4 hours everyday. Also thanks to everyone at home who has been supportive (my parents, Flo, Ashley)...I am so blessed to have this opportunity and would have never gotten here with such a great support system.

Ironically, today is the 1 year anniversary of my grandpa's death. It's so funny how much things have changed during that time...

No comments: