Friday, April 18, 2008

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! J'en ai marre!

List of things that have made me say "what the hell is the deal?" recently:

1) The shitty exchange rate
2) A bomb threat at NIU?! Wasn't a shooting already enough?
3) Having to pay for toilets in a bus station in Prague, and being yelled at in German by an asshole bus driver when asking if I can use the bus toilet. Being yelled at in German is scary, even if you understand what you are being told, for those who are interested.
4) Not one single place in Salzburg accepting credit cards?! Huh? Are we in the flipping Middle Ages?
5) German/Austrian keyboards with the letters all screwed up
6) Why am I so damned homesick?
7) Why can't I stop eating chocolate?

I have been abroad for almost 8 months, and am beginning to be at the breaking point. I just want to go home, see my fam and friends, and sleep for about a week in MY bed with MY pillows (all 6 of them). I want to move on with my life, I am tired of having to worry about money all of the time, budgeting for things, and still having to borrow money from my parents. I am so flipping embarassed and annoyed to have to ask for money from them at the age of 24. Hopefully, I can afford to pay them back soon.

I am going to change my ticket home. I need to go, I have had it here. It's time to leave. I was meant to go to Berlin but now I don't even want to. Berlin is not going anywhere anyway, I will do it another time.

I want to come back and live here again one day, but never again with such a low paying job. If I live here one day, I only want it to be if I have my German passport and can legally work a REAL job.

This entry just took me 15 mins to type up because of the damned keyboard. Damnit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just a fellow assistant who came across your blog. I know how you feel about being homesick & the chocolate cravings.. I'm fed up with some crazy people I keep meeting but hope you stay until the end, its only a week anyway no??