Hey guys, I am finally in Vienna. Last night, I took a bus from Prague to Vienna, and man, what a bad choice. It was totally safe and everything, but it was so bumpy! I was real hungry, and didnt buy any food before leaving, since i had run out of Czech money, and the lack of food and bumpiness on the bus proved to be a bad combination. While crossing the border into Austria, a border patrol officer came on the bus and said, "Bitte, Passporte Kontrole"... yes, thats right, he checked all of our passports before letting us go into Austria! I thought that Czech Republic was part of the Schengen Space now (at least, thats what all the signs at the airport in Prague said), so I dont quite get why they did this. Perhaps they still have the right since the CR has only been in the Schengen Space for a month or two? It was scary at first, they asked two people to get off the bus, and I got scared that I would be next since I do not have an EU passport. The officer got to me, saw I was US, said "Danke" and that was all.
Before leaving Prague, I had to use the bathroom, which you have to pay for at the station. Lame! I did not have any CZ money left, so i wanted to wait to use the one on the bus. The dumb driver would not let me, and I felt like crying. I must have looked like crying, too, because a nice Austrian lady gave me the 5 Crowns (20 cents) to use the toilet. Once I got in my stall because the driver was a jerk and because I was frustated with no one speaking English in Prague. Luckily, people in Austria speak English and when they dont, my German is amazingly good enough to make myself understood.
Gotta go meet up with my friend Vera from study abroad now! Bye! More soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment