Hey everyone! I am back in Chalon, and it feels great to be here. I enjoyed the vacation, but it feels great to be back in my small French city. I never realized this until I left, but I have really built a nice life here in Chalon, and I am glad to be back.
The latest news: I have gone down a pant size! Yay! Now, maybe I will be able to find pants here in France that fit me? I bought a new pair in England that I have to get shortened, apparently I am short by European standards...
I have decided that my new years resolution is to lose more weight (as it is every year), so we will see how that goes. I think that this year is my year. I am going to try to be optimistic, which I definately improved on last year, but I think I still need to work on it. It's a work in progress, like everything else in life.
This month, my goal is to get myself in order to get my European citizenship. Unfortunately, I have to start working Fridays again, but I may try to get one off so I can go down there, go to the consulate, and see my friend Katrina again.
I also need to decide what I am doing for February vacation. My options:
1) Stay in Chalon, travel around Burgundy a bit, go to Lyon for a few days to see Cristiana...maybe go to Switzerland a few days, it's only 2 hours away...I really want to see Bern and Zurich! And Lugano!!
2) Go to Germany...originally, this was my plan, but now the friend I was gonna go with may not be able to get time off work. I would just go anyway but I am a bit afraid of the language barrier, although there really is not one. I understand German and can say very basic things in it, and if all else fails, most Germans speak English, anyway...
3) Go home. Tickets are only 520 USD, pretty cheap. It would be so great just to go home, chill out, see my family, and friends...I miss people a lot these days.
4) Try to go somewhere warm...i.e. Spain or Italy. I have friends in both those countries, so I could visit them...
So, what should I do in Feb? So many options!
I have over 200 photos from this vacation, so it may take awhile to get them up...patience is a virtue my friends.
Happy New Year guys!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
visit your friends in spain or italy, take advantage of the close proximity in europe!
avoid naples though as they've been having a garbage strike for a few weeks now!
Hi Erica,
If you move far enough east in Germany, I can manage a day or two with you... You should come, virtually everyone speaks English. And I'd be glad to see you again and speak some real English after such a long time. I'll be in Italy myself next week, so I won't be able to catch up with you there...
All the best, Marion.
P.S. B-day plans???
Post a Comment