So, let's see what has happened to me since I last updated this blog...
1) I have been working at my lycée for about a week now and everything is going fairly well. Initially, it was very hard to come up with a schedule that everyone (i.e. all four of the English teachers and myself) could agree with, because at first, I was gonna be cheated out of a day off. I just couldn't have that, so we discussed it further and came up with a compromise. For the moment, I will work each day of the week, but beginning in November, I shall have Fridays off. Not a bad deal.
2) Pour faire quoi que ce soit en France, il faut bien râler! Translation: To get things done in French, you have to bitch! And it is so so true! Two of my good friends here in Chalon had some probs getting their apartment. They thought it was a language barrier, so they took me along with them to the real estate office, and voilà, after I spoke with the lazyasses for 2 mins, the agents in the office agreed to let my friends move in a week earlier. Pas mal, says I.
3) About a week or so ago, I was in Dijon for orientation where I met the other assistants. Everyone is so so sweet and it's going to be fun to get to know some of them better. I already have gotten to know my fellow Chalonnais assistants and we all get along super well. And what is really neat is that we all come from different places and, even though we are all Anglophones, we all learn from each other in diff ways, which is very exciting.
4) I also went to Beaune, France, home of the famous Burgundy wine. I didn't partake in any wine tasting or anything though, because I went by myself, and thought it would be in bad taste to go to a tasting by myself - I am not an alcoholic. ;)
5) This past weekend, I went to Lyon, where I met up with my dear Romanian friend Cristiana for the first time in 3 years! And it was simply magnificent!
6) I have already come up with 3 activities for my lycée students, and I am quite excited about them! Yay!
Photos of all this and more are on Facebook. I know some of you do not have Facebook, so here are a few photos for your viewing pleasure...
Typical architecture in Burgundy...photo taken in Dijon.
View of the main street in Dijon... "look at those flags!!"



No comments:
Post a Comment