I have officially stepped in my first pile of merde this year! It happened to me on Friday night, right before one of my teachers picked me up for dinner. I was about to run back to my apartment to change shoes and clean up the mess, but right when I was about to run back, my teacher arrived. Talk about bad luck! I must have stunk! I cleaned up my shoes the day after and it really reaked! And to think, the French consider it good luck when you step in a pile of dog poop! Disgusting!
My dad phoned me the other day, and told me that I have been summoned for jury duty. Too bad I am out of the country and won't be able to make it ;)
Other than that, I have my doctor's appointment in Dijon on Wednesday. The appointment is required for my carte de séjour so it shouldn't cost me anything. Hopefully, my school will give me the whole day off, so I can spend time with my friends in Dijon instead of having to rush back by 2 to teach a class in Chalon.
Speaking of class, I begin officially teaching tomorrow at 8 AM. Yuck to early starts.
I have a leak in the shower, and I do hope that they will fix it soon. My bathroom is like Lake Michigan! Also, my laptop is broken and I need to get it fixed :( such high maintenance.
The most exciting piece of news is that Kristen and I have booked our hotel for Strasbourg in December! We will be there to visit Christmas Markets and also plan on visiting Germany for one day. I cannot wait to go! After Strasbourg, I will be going up to London to visit a friend. Exciting stuff! After that, I may try to get to Brussels for a day to visit the EU Headquarters, or something like that. I cannot wait to travel!
Well, that's enough for now. Hope all of you back home are doing well and enjoying fall! Write me when you can!
Bisous à tous,
Erica
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
8am starts, argh, tell me about it. I'm going to check out Strasbourg in December too! am looking forward to it.
hey, it sounds like things are going well for you..
and yeah. 8am starts. what the hell? my school used to start at 9 :(
Post a Comment