Friday, July 27, 2007

That's it!

Well, today was the last day at my job. Originally, I was supposed to be there until August 8, but they told me to leave today, in view of "recent events". Those "recent events" include me going to HR to complain about the managers and team leaders in my department, because they have been harassing me for months, and I had enough of it yesterday. Two of my co-workers went with me. So those were the "recent events", and the best part is that I'm getting paid for 2 weeks without even working. Not a bad deal, since I wanted to get out of there anyway.

Now, I'm just waiting for my arrêté and getting ready to visit grad schools. I'm also going to prepare for my GRE. I hope all of it goes ok and that I get my arrêté soon!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what rotten managers! that's good you're getting two weeks pay and don't have to work, don't give them anymore of your energy. I got fired once for telling the boss that because of my back problems I would be unable in future to assemble anymore furniture for him (i was hired as an administrative receptionist and he got me to do the craziest things, including cleaning the toilet) so he advertised my job and i happened to find it when i was doing a job search! Employers are ruthless, tut tut tut. Good one France for giving worker's some rights.

Me-Ami said...

Well, now you have all this extra time to get everything ready. Good riddance, I say. I just informed my boss today that I'd be leaving in September. He was happy for me, so no complaints there, but I'll definately be working until a few days before departure.